Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the District or be qualified voter within the District.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax, or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-49f.pdf
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on the May 4, 2024, general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on the May 4, 2024, general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directions as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or their designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at: https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for the May 4, 2024, general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
For information on Election Rosters, including ballot by mail, early voting and election day, please visit https://www.harrisvotes.com/Election-Results/Election-Rosters.
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Reports
- Candidate Modified Reporting Declaration – Christian Carroll
- Candidate Modified Reporting Declaration – Anthony McBride
These disclosures will remain posted until February 12th, 2029.
- Notice Regarding Candidate Filing Period
Aviso Referente al Periodo de Presentacion de Candidatura
Thông Báo Về Giai Đoạn Nộp Đơn Xin Tranh Cử Của Ứng Cử Viên
- Board of Directors Elections
Elecciones de la Junta Directiva
Các Cuộc Bầu Cử Ban Giám Đốc
- 54.102, Qualifications for Directors
- 51.072, Texas Water Code
- 141.001, Texas Election Code
- Candidate filing materials can be found on the Texas Secretary of State and the Texas Ethics Commission websites.