On July 20, 2023, Stage 1 of the Drought Contingency Plan (DCP) for the Bridgeland community was implemented. The target was to achieve a 10% reduction in water use through voluntary means. We thank the community for its participation and efforts. Unfortunately, the dry, hot weather has persisted.
Due to high demand on the regional water system serving the Bridgeland community, we are implementing Stage 2 of the DCP. The target of Stage 2 is to achieve a 20% reduction in water use, and participation by all customers within Bridgeland (residential and commercial) is mandatory.
Pertinent Stage 2 restrictions are summarized below, while the appendix to this letter contains more specification provisions included in the DCP. The complete DCP can be found on the MUD websites at www.bridgelanddistricts.org.
- Limit irrigation of landscaped and other areas to the following days:
- Sundays and Thursdays for Retail Water Customers with an Even-Numbered Address, and
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for Retail Water Customers with an Odd-Numbered Address.
- Limit irrigation of landscaped and other areas to between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on the designated watering day(s) and 6:00 a.m. on the following day(s).
- Limit other non-essential uses per the appendix to this letter, including:
- Decorative or recreational water usage (fountains, pools, etc.), and
- Washing vehicles.
Please be advised, Stage 2 will go into effect Thursday, August 31, 2023. Failure to comply may result in surcharges.
Additional notification to residents will be distributed as and if Stage 2 of the DCP is rescinded or if conditions require implementing Stage 3 of the DCP. If you notice irrigation of road medians, parks, or other open spaces outside of the days/times referenced in this notice, please do not be alarmed. These areas are irrigated with water from a separate, non-potable water system that follows different drought management measures.
Please reach out to Inframark’s Customer Service department at (281) 579-4500 or visit your MUD website at www.bridgelanddistricts.org should you have any questions or concerns.
Harris County MUD No. 418
Harris County MUD No. 419
Harris County MUD No. 489
Harris County MUD No. 490
Harris County MUD No. 491
Harris County MUD No. 493